How to care for your Jewelry.
Our jewelry is made of the finest materials, however it is important that you take extra care of your jewelry to keep it looking its best for years to come.
Care Directions for Gold Jewelry:
- Clean regularly: Gold jewelry can accumulate dirt, oils, and debris from daily wear. To keep your gold jewelry looking its best, clean it regularly using a mild soap and warm water, or our Hidden Gem Jewelry cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the gold.
- Store properly: When not wearing your gold jewelry, store it in a jewelry box or a soft cloth pouch to prevent scratches and tarnish. Avoid storing gold jewelry with other jewelry pieces that may scratch or damage it.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals: Chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, and harsh cleaning agents can damage the surface of gold jewelry. Remove your gold jewelry before swimming, using cleaning products, or coming into contact with chemicals.
- Handle with care: Avoid dropping or knocking your gold jewelry against hard surfaces, as gold can scratch or dent. When putting on or taking off gold jewelry, handle it gently to avoid unnecessary strain or damage. Take off for gardening, exercise, cleaning etc.
Care Directions for Diamond Jewelry:
- Clean regularly: Diamonds can lose their sparkle due to oils, lotions, and dirt buildup. Clean your diamond jewelry regularly using a mild soap and water solution, and a soft brush. Dry it thoroughly before storing.
- Be cautious with ultrasonic cleaners: While ultrasonic cleaners can be effective for cleaning diamonds, they can also cause damage to certain types of diamonds with inclusions or fractures. If you're using an ultrasonic cleaner, make sure it is safe for diamonds and follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully.
- Store separately: Diamonds are the hardest gemstone but can still scratch other jewelry pieces. Store your diamond jewelry separately or in a soft cloth pouch to prevent scratches and damage.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals: Chemicals, including chlorine and harsh cleaning agents, can damage the surface of diamonds. Remove your diamond jewelry before swimming, using cleaning products, or coming into contact with chemicals.
Care Directions for Gemstone Jewelry:
- Know your gemstones: Different gemstones have different properties and may require specific care. Familiarize yourself with the care requirements of the specific gemstones in your jewelry.
- Clean with care: Gemstones can be delicate and may require special cleaning methods. Use a mild soap and water solution or our Hidden Gem Jewelry cleaner that is safe for gemstones. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the gemstones.
- Handle with care: Gemstones can chip, crack, or scratch if subjected to rough handling or impacts. Avoid dropping or knocking your gemstone jewelry against hard surfaces, and handle it gently when putting on or taking off.
- Store separately: Gemstones can scratch or damage other jewelry pieces. Store your gemstone jewelry separately or in a soft cloth pouch to prevent scratches and damage.
- Avoid exposure to heat and light: Some gemstones, such as opals and pearls, can be sensitive to heat and light and may fade or become damaged with prolonged exposure. Store your gemstone jewelry in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and extreme temperature changes.
- Regular inspections: Periodically inspect your gemstone jewelry for any loose stones, clasps, or settings. If you notice any issues, have them repaired by us, or reach out to a trusted professional jeweler in your area.